Sunday 12 November 2017

PRELIM TASK: Focus group with intended target audience and survey

I spoke with a group of girls who were my intended target audience about pop music.
Here are some questions I asked them with their responses:

Why do you like pop music?:
- Gets you in the mood and makes you happy
- the meaning is better and gets you energetic
- It is fun to listen to, it is my style and is very catchy
- It has symbolic meaning, for example, Sia's music
- It has more of a diversity than rap and there is meaning behind the music

Who are your favorite pop artists?:
- Rianna
- Beyonce
- Michael Jackson
- Sam Smith
- Drake
- Zayn Malik
- Justin Beiber

What Would you like to see in a magazine?:
- popular singers, merchandise- A page of what you can get and where you can get it from
- interviews
- games crosswords and riddles
- gossip about favorite celebrities
- pop up shops and charts and a roundup of the year's highlights and  music
- alternative cheaper looks that mirror celebrity looks
- adverts that interest us and unusual stuff about the readers in the magazine, relatable problems for example acne

Here is a survey which I conducted towards my peers:







This link takes you to a youtube video where i have recorded my focus group with their opinions and thoughts in an idea magazine:

https://youtu.be/AOAOyDj5kDU

No comments:

Post a Comment