Sunday 12 November 2017

PRELIM TASK: Genre, font styles and features, model, name of magazine


This is a mood board based on what personally attracted my attention. I have decided to base my magazine on pop music so I researched magazines based on this area. From this, i gathered ideas about features that I will include in a music magazine. Not all of the magazines above are music but I placed them there as I like the style and layout of the front cover and I think this will give me the inspiration to produce something of that standard. I plan on using a hint of one or two vibrant colors to present which associates the idea of variety and a mixture of emotions as pop music can make you feel different feelings. This mood board helped me to find out my style of a preferred magazine layout.



In this mood board i gained some potential ideas on how i would like to present my ideas and form my layout. My personal liking is the idea of the picture as the background and the text. However i decided to explore more layouts to see what the audience would like instead of what i would like.

Inspired by this mood board i have created i started to find what name i would like to put as my magazine title. I began to research words associated with music and created this wordle to project my thoughts on potential names:


I decided to stay with the name 'Feels' as listening to my target audience they mentioned how pop gives the listeners a range of emotions as it can be sad, happy, exciting and religious music. I decided to do a magazine about pop because personally I am interested in this genre and I wanted to express my own thoughts and perspective on pop. In terms of choosing a model, i wanted to have a model with an innocent face which looks inspirational to the audience. This is because I feel as if music needs to be portrayed as symbolic and inspiring towards the audience and this is something I want my magazine to be focused on. In my opinion, i think music is becoming more meaningless and the symbolic side of music needs to be exposed as it is important to create a meaningful tune to inspire listeners. 

My target audience would be all genders around the age 16-21. This is because this is the ages where people start to create their identity and discover themselves and I feel as if pop music plays a big part within these ages. Pop music has a variety of different subjects and topics to sing about. My magazine would really reach out to this audience as the main point I am trying to portray is that pop contains a variety of music and this is why a lot of people like pop because it relates to every different feeling they encounter. When asking people around the ages 16-21 they told me that the listen to a variety of music and so i adapted my magazine to portray this concept. Personally, i listen to a variety of music too and pop explores this variety. My target audiences are youths and young adolescents who like to feel good when listening to music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment